For courses in International Business.
An innovative teaching and learning system that captures the spirit of International Business.
Based on the authors' collective teaching and working experience-as well as discussions with hundreds of practitioners, students, and faculty-International Business: The New Realities is a complete teaching and learning system that seamlessly integrates cases, exercises, and videos.
To reflect the major changes that have occurred in the global marketplace-due to the financial crisis, and change in dynamic among international business participants-this edition now includes extensive new and updated material, as well as a new chapter on ethics.
Accompanied by myIBlab!
MyIBLab New Design is now available for this title! MyIBLab New Design offers:
- One Place for All of Your Courses. Improved registration experience and a single point of access for instructors and students who are teaching and learning multiple MyLab/Mastering courses.
- A Simplified User Interface. The new user interface offers quick and easy access to Assignments, Study Plan, eText & Results, as well as additional option for course customization.
- New Communication Tools. The following new communication tools can be used to foster collaboration, class participation, and group work.
- Email: Instructors can send emails to their entire class, to individual students or to instructors who has access to their course.
- Discussion Board: The discussion board provides students with a space to respond and react to the discussions you create. These posts can also be separated out into specific topics where students can share their opinions/answers and respond to their fellow classmates' posts.
- Chat/ ClassLive: ClassLive is an interactive chat tool that allows instructors and students to communicate in real time. ClassLive can be used with a group of students or one-on-one to share images or PowerPoint presentations, draw or write objects on a whiteboard, or send and received graphed or plotted equations. ClassLive also has additional classroom management tools, including polling and hand-raising.
- Enhanced eText. Available within the online course materials and offline via an iPad app, the enhanced eText allows instructors and students to highlight, bookmark, take notes, and share with one another.
See the hands in the air, hear the roar of discussion-be a rock star in the classroom. myIBlab makes it easier for you to rock the classroom by helping you hold students accountable for class preparation, and getting students engaged in the material through an array of relevant teaching and media resources.
Engaging Students and Holding Them Accountable for Their Class Performance.myIBlab helps you hold students accountable for class preparation and supports more active learning styles by providing students with the tools necessary to assess their knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
Encourage Students to Understand the Material Before Class: Study Plan that consists of the pretest, remediation material tailored to pretest results, and the posttest.
Offer an In-depth Look at Doing Business in Other Countries: Market Entry Strategy Project (MESP). This semester-long, interactive supplement provides students with interactive maps and vital business information-such as demographics, government influence, and economic stability-on a selected country.
Bringing Excitement and Interest to the Center Stage. Inspire the exchange of new ideas and foster intriguing discussions with the abundant resources found in myIBlab.
NEW! Course Currency at Your Fingertips: Business News Videos. The BizTube videos found in myIBlab will feature breaking business news and scenarios pertinent to the topics covered in your course. Discussion Questions (along with answers) accompany these videos so that you can use this asset in your classroom immediately. Videos are updated monthly.
Measure Core Critical-thinking Skills: Discussion Questions. Get your students to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, and more with Discussion Questions that will help inspire curiosity about the subject matter. Discussion Questions can be used as an opportunity for students to show their ability on extra-credit questions, and are great for generating discussion.
Promote Active Learning: Flash Cards. To help students study, myIBlab includes flash cards of key terms from their textbook.
S. TAMER CAVUSGIL, GARY KNIGHT, AND JOHN RIESENBERGER'S INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS: THE NEW REALITIES, 2E
NEW! Present current and relevant information:
New and Updated! Case Studies. This edition features six new case studies that address contemporary dynamics and the latest trends in international business. The new cases feature Harley Davidson, Siemens, Tata, AIG, Wolverine, and H&M. Existing cases featuring Hyundai and DHL, FedEx, and UPS have also been substantially revised. All other existing cases have been updated as well.
New and Updated! Opening Vignettes. New chapter-openers have been developed around themes such as corruption, the EU, the Euro, and cultural differences between Western and Japanese consumers. All remaining opening vignettes have been updated to reflect the current environment.
New and Updated! Exhibits. The new edition contains more than 150 new and updated exhibits. A major graphical redesign has been incorporated in a large number of the exhibits in this edition to enhance reading and retention.
Expanded Coverage! Balanced Geographical Coverage. Geographical coverage of companies and issues affecting African and Latin American countries has been significantly expanded in this edition.
NEW! Videos. Fifteen new customized videos have been developed to support the specific major themes of this text. Some topics include:
Globalization and the Growth of International Business
Impact of Culture on International Business
Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility in the Global Marketplace
Regional Economic Integration-Will the Euro Survive?
Entering the Chinese Market
Airbus versus Boeing
Focus on emerging markets: Latin America, Africa, China, India. Students need an improved understanding of the changing nature of the international business landscape, not just the Triad regions (Europe, North America, and Japan). This text addresses and presents information on the 30 high-growth, high-potential countries that have sprung into the forefront of cross-border business with rapid industrialization, privatization, and modernization over the past two decades.
Get students familiar with a variety of international business firms: Diversity of International Business Participants. Multinational enterprises (MNEs) have historically been the most important type of focal firm. This text provides balanced coverage of MNEs, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and born globals. These three types of firms are introduced in Chapter 1 and revisited throughout the book. A few of the firms featured in the text include:
- Diesel-a fashion design company that grew from an SME into an MNE
- Electrolux-a Swedish MNE in the kitchen appliance industry
- L'Oreal-a French MNE in the cosmetic industry
NEW! Help students see the importance of ethics: New Chapter 5: Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Firms are increasingly aware of their role as good corporate citizens. In this new chapter, the authors address such issues as ethical practices and values, fostering economic development through profitable projects, and the creation of more equitable working environments for foreign employees. Each chapter also features an Ethical Dilemma feature so students can apply ethical decision-making throughout the book.
NEW! Connect today's concepts with tomorrow's career: Recent Grad in IB feature. Students feel disconnected from the content because they often have limited international experience. To help expose the relevance between what they are learning in the text to their future careers, select chapters include a special feature which highlights IB graduates who work in exciting international business careers. Several new Recent Grad features have been added to this edition.
NEW! Sharpen students' analytical and decision-making skills: Closing Case. Each chapter closes with an extensive case study that has been specifically designed to address the learning objectives in the chapter. These cases help students build their managerial skills by applying what they've learned in the chapter to a situation faced by a real-world manager. Examples of Closing Cases include:
- Chapter 1: Internationalization at Harley-Davidson
- Chapter 4: Hollywood's Influence on Global Culture
- Chapter 7: Political, Legal, and Ethical Dilemmas in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chapter 18: H&M: International Marketing Success Story
- Chapter 19: Evolving Human Resource Challenges at Sony
- And more!
Highlight location: Maps. In today's globalized world, it is more important than ever for students to understand world geography. The maps included in this text are large, easy to read, and colorful, making it easier for students to visualize the concepts presented in each chapter.