For courses in Performance Appraisal, Compensation Management, and Training and Development.
Discover where the real success in business can be found.
What makes some businesses more successful than others? The answer: people. Organizations with motivated, talented employees that offer outstanding customer service are more likely to pull ahead of the competition. Performance Management is the first text to emphasize this key competitive advantage, showing students that success in today's globalized business world can be found, not in technology and products, but in an organization's people.
The third edition includes updated and current information, and features over forty new cases.
Discover why success can be achieved through a business's people: Research-based Findings and Up-to-date Applications are included throughout this text, showing students the numbers behind how to increase an organization's human capital.
Expose the dynamic process to success: Performance Observation, Evaluation, andImprovement are ongoing processes, which is why this text shows students why it's important to continue these practices throughout their managerial career. Overall, this text places an emphasis on best practices and describes the necessary steps to create a top-notch performance management system.
Go global: Incorporation of International Issues. In contrast to many other texts on the market, which include a separate chapter on international issues, this text integrates international issues throughout the material. This edition provides clear examples to support the global perspective, including:
- Implementation of a performance management system in Ghana.
- Integration of performance management and business strategy in organizations in Australia.
- How to move away from traditional (i.e., seniority-based) performance management systems in collectivistic cultures like Korea and China.
NEW! Show the real-life importance: Over Forty New Cases. This edition includes a total of forty-three new case studies. In addition, the Instructors Manual includes approximately four more cases per chapter.
NEW! Focus on what matters: This edition has also enhanced the discussions on topics that are becoming more important in today's business world, including:
- Emphasis on stressing how performance management is relevant to all students, regardless of their major.
- Increased focus on the interplay between science and practice in regards to performance management.