|Written by developers who have been using the new language for the past two years in their work, this book shows students how to start adapting the language now to realize its benefits on today's browsers. By following the book's hands-on HTML5 code examples they'll learn:
• new semantics and structures to help your site become richer and more accessible
• the uses of native multimedia for video and audio
• techniques for drawing lines, fills, gradients, images and text with canvas
• how to build more intelligent web forms • implementation of new storage options and web databases
• how geolocation works with HTML5 in both web and mobile applications
All the code from this book (and more) is available at www.introducinghtml5.com.