For introductory courses in Financial Accounting taught from a more traditional preparer approach.
Financial Accounting, 7e helps the student nail the accounting cycle up front to increase student success and retention later.
Do your students struggle with the Accounting Cycle? Does it feel foreign to them? Does their inability to grasp it the first time through hurt them later in the course?
Financial Accounting, 7e helps students LEARN, PRACTICE, and REMEMBER the accounting cycle.
· Learn: A specially designed (tailored to the textbook) Accounting Cycle Tutorial program is integrated in the first three chapters (icons in the margin point students to an online program, a free website that accompanies the textbook).
o The program includes tutorials, interactive animations, and practice questions that provide students with additional, beyond the book instruction on the accounting cycle.
· Practice: Before beginning their homework, students are guided to a no password required online practice environment. There, they can work on problems that help them master the accounting cycle.
o The problems: (a) are algorithmic, giving students a chance to practice until they have mastery, (b) provide immediate feedback, giving students a chance to see how well they are doing right away, (c) mirror those in the book, giving students a chance to practice before doing the real thing.
· What types of in-text practice material do students find useful as study aids? What projects, assignments, or problems would you like to see in your textbook to reinforce class material?
Success and performance go hand-in-hand. Thats why the authors have added opportunities for professors and students to practice accounting throughout the course.
- NEW! Stop and Think: At critical junctures in each chapter, we ask students to stop and think about what theyve just learned
- NEW! Decision Guidelines: This feature summarizes each chapter in terms of the decisions people make as they use accounting information
- NEW! Summary Problems: Most chapters have two problems--at the mid-point and at the endwith worked out solutions
- Chapter Review Quiz: At the end of each chapter, these multiple-choice questions include answers for quick self-assessment
- Practice Quiz: Multiple-choice questions in the end-of-chapter assignments section have answers in the Check Figures appendix at the end of the book
How might a more streamlined accounting textbook help you in the classroom?
The 7th edition now has a streamlined design to aid student learning. Some of the new features include:
- Shorter chapter openers, which capture student interest.
- More diagrams and fewer words, making the text much easier to read.
- Shorter sections to keep students from getting bogged down with unnecessary detail.
- All assignment materials list page references that help students use their homework time efficiently.
- Simpler figures in the assignment material enable students to focus on learning, not the numbers.