|Essentials of Organisational Behaviour||
Essentials of Organisational Behaviour
|85.90||approx. 7-9 days|
This concise introduction to Organisational Behaviour has been developed specifically for short courses and/or non-specialist business students. It focuses on the core topics of the discipline in a detailed and engaging way, providing a readable introduction to the key theory and offering real-life examples to show its application in practice.
Written for students on undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, this text is particularly suitable for students of non-business disciplines (e.g. engineering, IT, social sciences and others) who are taking an introductory module in business.
Among the valuable features and aids to learning in the book are:
· Management in the News features provide short illustrations based on recent press articles showing specific issues in a real-world context.
· Case Studies give a bigger picture of key themes in each chapter through illustrations as diverse as blogging, the London 2012 Olympics and e-government.
· Critical Reflections encourage the application of personal experience and critical thinking to the issues in question.
· Key Terms highlighted in the text and defined both at the margin and in a full Glossary.
New to the third edition, based on what our customers wanted:
· A brand new Management in the News feature in each chapter, giving an additional real-life example of management and organisational behaviour in the news.
· New case studies including Google, IKEA and Innocent DrinksN
· An expanded introduction to management and organisational behaviour, offering greater insights into what the subject is and introducing the key theories.Greater coverage of values and ethics with an international theme.
CONTENTS IN BRIEF
PART 1 THE ORGANISATIONAL SETTING
Chapter 1 Nature of Organisational Behaviour
Chapter 2 Approaches to Organisation and Management
PART 2 THE INDIVIDUAL
Chapter 3 Individual Differences and Diversity
Chapter 4 Perception and Communication
Chapter 5 Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction
PART 3 GROUPS, TEAMS AND LEADERSHIP
Chapter 6 Work Groups and Teams
Chapter 7 Nature of Leadership
Chapter 8 Nature of Management
PART 4 THE ORGANISATION
Chapter 9 Strategy and Structure
Chapter 10 Control and Power
Chapter 11 Corporate Responsibility and Ethics
Chapter 12 Culture and Change
Over half a million students worldwide have used Management and Organisational Behaviour to help them learn. Now the market leading author, Laurie Mullins, brings you the third edition of his concise introduction to the theory and realise of managerial behaviour in today's organisations.
This book focuses on the core topics of organisational behaviour in a detailed and engaging way, exploring key theories and offering real-life examples that show its application in practice. Now with brand-new case studies exclusive to this edition, this book will help you to:
Laurie Mullins is a former Lecturer at the Portsmouth Business School. He is author of two other books published by Pearson Education: Management & Organisational Behaviour (2010) and Hospitality Management & Organisational Behaviour (new edition forthcoming).
Gill Christy is the Head of the Human Resource and Marketing Management Department at Portsmouth Business School.