Gary Rosenzweig's ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University, Second Edition is the best hands-on tutorial for learning ActionScript 3.0, the programming language behind Flash Professional CS5. Readers will master all the basics of ActionScript programming by building 16 robust games. One step at a time, they'll learn techniques (and get tested code) that can be adapted to virtually any project, from games to training and advertising. The first edition earned widespread raves; Rosenzweig has now updated it with seven brand-new games that teach even more valuable ActionScript 3.0 skills and techniques. Readers first learn how Flash and ActionScript 3.0 work together, the elements of an ActionScript program, and how to build a basic game framework with ActionScript. Next, Rosenzweig walks through building the full spectrum of ActionScript games, including brain games, animation-based games, picture puzzles, games based on direction and movement, casual games, word games, Q and A games, action games, game worlds, and more. This edition adds new chapters on card games and 3D games, with High-Low, Video Poker, Blackjack, 3D Paddle Ball, 3D Scavenger Hunt, and two other new projects.
1. Updating some text and screen shots from the current chapters.
2. Adding a few games to existing chapters.
3. Adding two new chapters featuring new games.
1. Using Flash and ActionScript 3.0
2. ActionScript Game Elements
3. Basic Game Framework: A Matching Game
4. Brain Games: Memory and Deduction
5. Game Animation: Shooting and Bouncing Games
6. Picture Puzzles: Sliding and Jigsaw
7. Direction and Movement: Air Raid, Balloon Pop, Space Rocks
8. Casual Games: Match Three, Collapsing Blocks
9. Word Games: Hangman and Word Search
10. Questions and Answers: Trivia and Quiz Games
11. Action Games: Platform Games
12. Game Worlds: Driving and Exploration Game
13. Card Games: Video Poker, Blackjack
14. 3D Games: 3D Paddle Ball, 3D Scavenger Hunt Index
Gary Rosenzweig is a programmer, Web site developer, Internet entrepreneur, podcaster, and computer book author. Rosenzweig hosts and publishes the MacMost video podcast His thirteen computer books include The MacMost.com Guide to Switching to the Mac, ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University, Special Edition Using Director MX and The MacAddict Guide to GarageBand.