|Advanced Medical Life Support||
Advanced Medical Life Support
|97.60||approx. 7-9 days|
For courses in Advanced Medical Life Support, Paramedic, Continuing Education and In-Service Training. This text also complements the medical sections of a paramedic course.
Going well beyond the DOT paramedic curriculum, this text offers a high level–yet practical–approach to the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the full range of adult medical emergencies. Each chapter discusses realistic methods that a seasoned EMS practitioner would use–moving from assessment-based procedures with initial management of the threats, to field diagnosis and management of treatable underlying causes. Assumes a familiarity with anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology, and an overall understanding of the nature of medical emergencies.
A new feature, the “Clinical Summary” will synthesize clinical insights from the chapter to help the student formulate an approach to assessment and treatment.
1. Assessment of the Medical Patient
2. Airway Management, Ventilation and Oxygen Therapy
3. IV Access and Medication Administration
4. Headache, Nausea and Vomiting
5. Hypoperfusion (Shock)
6. Dyspnea, Respiratory Distress or Respiratory Failure
7. Chest Pain
8. Altered Mental Status
9. Gastrointestinal Bleeding
10. Seizures and Seizure Disorders
12. Acute Abdominal Pain
13. Putting It All Together: Case Studies
APPENDIX B Electrocardiographic Interpretation
APPENDIX C Anatomy and Physiology Illustrations