Every single day a growing number of organisations are turning their employees, customers, and members into an online community. The results of these efforts are incredible. Build Your Community is about the evergreen principles of building a successful and thriving community. This book will take you step-by-step through the process to launch and manage a community for almost any kind of group. Covering the technology, what makes a community tick, and how to attract and keep your audience highly engaged. Whether you’re building a community for your business or for your passion, this book is going to help you create the ideal community for your needs.
Table of Contents
1. Why create a community?
2. Who is your community for?
3. Creating your community experience
4. Setting the rules
5. Attracting your first members
6. Nurturing superusers in your community
7. Keeping members engaged
8. Rewarding your members
9. Overcoming problems
10. Building your community strategy
11. What’s next?
We all dream of uniting our members, customers, and employees into a powerful online community. But without the right guide, big dreams often become costly ghost towns.
Build Your Community fuses proven principles from the world of psychology with user experience and design thinking into a fool-proof approach you can embrace with the community you need, helping you:
- Start from scratch and attract your first members.
- Find and design the perfect platform for your community.
- Persuade members to stay engaged, share expertise, and help each other.
- Create a magnetic community culture - unique from any other online destination.
- Position you and your organisation at the centre of your field.
- Fully harness the incredible power of your community to scale customer support, attract new customers, and gather indispensable feedback and knowledge.
- Budget for your community with a detailed breakdown of costs and resources required.
Richard Millington shares the strategies, principles, and tactics, which he has used to help over 300 organizations build communities over the past decade, including Apple, Facebook, and SAP.
If you dream of building a united, powerful, online community, Build Your Community is your definitive guide.
Richard Millington is the founder of FeverBee. Over the past 16 years, Richard has helped to develop over 270+ successful communities, including those for Apple, Facebook, Google, The World Bank, SAP, Oracle, Amazon, Autodesk, Lego, The United Nations, Novartis, and many more.
Richard is the author of both Buzzing Communities and The Indispensable Community .
Buzzing Communities has been widely cited as introducing best practice into developing successful online communities. Richard has delivered keynote talks in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, France, Belgium, Spain, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Switzerland, Romania, Lithuania, and several others.
Richard has also trained over 1,250 community professionals through FeverBee’s
community management academy.