|Essential Guide to Secondary Teaching, The||
Essential Guide to Secondary Teaching, The
The Essential Guide to Secondary Teaching is the complete guidebook for the secondary school teacher. Including practical guidance on planning lessons, writing reports, formative assessment, being a good form tutor and using learning support assistants effectively, this book will also provide information on the school as an effective organisation and the teacher’s part within it to help you become an excellent classroom practitioner.
Training to teach or a newly qualified teacher in a secondary school?
The Essential Guide to Secondary Teaching contains everything you need to help you become an effective and confident teaching professional.
The highly practical focus, coupled with an insight into the theory and thinking behind the practices you find in schools today, make this an invaluable resource, not just in your first few years in the post, but as a companion guide long into your teaching career.
Written by an award-winning teacher with over 30 years’ experience, this guide provides an insight into new educational initiatives and theories, bringing you up-to-date with current educational thinking. It is packed with practical information, teaching tips and tried and tested advice on issues such as:
- How to plan differentiated lessons
- How to manage the behaviour of your pupils
- How to use data effectively to track the progress of your pupils and set meaningful targets
- How to mark effectively and manage your time
- How to manage an area of responsibility in your school
- How to contribute to the pastoral team of the school
- How to apply for jobs and manage your own professional development