|Introduction to Management Accounting Global Edition||
Introduction to Management Accounting Global Edition
|Introduction to Management Accounting, Global Edition||9781292412566
Introduction to Management Accounting, Global Edition
For MBA-level managerial accounting courses.
This Global Edition has been edited to include enhancements making it more relevant to students outside the United States
Understanding Why: Most managers would likely agree that understanding concepts is more important than memorizing techniques. This text focuses on why companies use various techniques, rather than have students blindly apply the concepts.
Seeing the concepts in many areas of the field: All business sectors discussed. The concepts found in this text do not solely apply to large corporations, which is why nonprofit, retail, wholesale, service, selling, manufacturing, and administrative situations are addressed throughout.
Presenting the basics up-front: The core concepts and principles are explained in the first few chapters and are then revisited, where applicable, at more complex levels throughout the remainder of the text. Covering the fundamental concepts in the first few chapters helps to equip students with a foundation that they can use to apply to the more challenging material.
Taking out the guesswork: Real-world business examples are provided so that students don’t have to imagine how techniques will work in today’s businesses. These examples—which are drawn from actual companies that students know and trust such as Starbucks, Boeing, AT&T, McDonald’s, and Microsoft—are presented with relevant subject matter, clearly and accessibly, throughout the text.
I. FOCUS ON DECISION MAKING
1. Managerial Accounting, the Business Organization, and Professional Ethics
2. Introduction to Cost Behavior and Cost-Volume Relationships
3. Measurement of Cost Behavior
4. Cost Management Systems and Activity-Based Costing
5. Relevant Information for Decision Making with a Focus on Pricing Decisions
6. Relevant Information for Decision Making with a Focus on Operational Decisions
II. ACCOUNTING FOR PLANNING AND CONTROL
7. Introduction to Budgets and Preparing the Master Budget
8. Flexible Budgets and Variance Analysis
9. Management Control Systems and Responsibility Accounting
10. Management Control in Decentralized Organizations
III. CAPITAL BUDGETING
11. Capital Budgeting
IV. PRODUCT COSTING
12. Cost Allocation
13. Accounting for Overhead Costs
14. Job-Costing and Process-Costing Systems
V. BASIC FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
15. Basic Accounting: Concepts, Techniques, and Conventions
16. Understanding Corporate Annual Reports: Basic Financial Statements
17. Understanding and Analyzing Consolidated Financial Statements