|C# for Students||
C# for Students
Starting from scratch, it assumes no prior knowledge of programming and is written in a simple, direct style for maximum clarity.
C# ('C Sharp') is an object-oriented, network-enabled programming language, developed expressly for Microsoft's .Net platform. C# provides the features that are the most important to programmers: object-orientation, graphics, GUI components, multimedia, internet-based client/server networking and distributed computing. 'C# for Students' explains key programming concepts and the central ideas of object oriented programming, using C# as the vehicle language.
· Programming for graphics is used from the start, and graphics are used repeatedly throughout the text to illustrate ideas. This approach engages the interest of the reader and improves their understanding.
· Objects introduced later. Delaying the coverage of objects until basic control structures and methods have been covered gives a firm foundation to the understanding of programming
· Complete programs are used rather than fragments to aid understanding
· Examples (an information system, computer game and a mathematical problem) are used to illustrate key programming concepts throughout the text
· Self test questions will appear on every page, as well as exercises, programming principles and programming pitfalls. The book is accompanied by a full online supplements package
1.The background to C#
2.The C# development environment
4.Variables and calculations
5.Methods and arguments
10. Writing classes
13. Data structures - list boxes and array lists
15. Arrays - two-dimensional
16. String manipulation
19. Console programs
20. Object-oriented design
21. Program style
If you’ve never programmed before, this book is for you! It assumes no prior knowledge and it starts from scratch. It’s written in a simple, direct style to give you everything you need to program in the C# language.
Douglas Bell and Mike Parr have successfully helped thousands of students learn to program. Their approach is simple:
The book comes with all the tools you need to get started programming in the C# language.
Douglas Bell is a former lecturer, and Mike Parr lectures, at Sheffield Hallam University in the UK. They have written a number of programming books, including the bestselling Java for Students. They continue to teach and learn about programming with enthusiasm.
Douglas Bell and Mike Parr are former lectures at Sheffield Hallam University in the UK. They have written a number of programming books, including the bestselling Java for Students. They continue to teach and learn about programming with enthusiasm.