This text is part of The New Immigrants Series edited by Nancy Foner. This groundbreaking new series fills the gap in knowledge relating to today's immigrants, how these groups are attempting to redefine their cultures while here, and their contribution to a new and changing America.
1. Indians in the New Migration.
2. Creating Ethnic Identity.
3. Creating an Ethnic Infrastructure.
4. Migration and the Development of a Transnational Perspective.
5. Family, Gender Relations and the Second Generation.
6. Who Am I? Activism and Identity.