|Visual Anatomy & Physiology, Global Edition||
Visual Anatomy & Physiology, Global Edition
|99.10||approx. 7-9 days|
For courses in Two-Semester A&P.
Using Art Effectively with the Most Visual Approach to A&P
Visual Anatomy & Physiology combines a one-of-a-kind visual approach with a modular organization that uniquely meets the needs of today’s students—without sacrificing the comprehensive coverage of A&P topics required for careers in nursing and other allied health professions.
The 3rd Edition presents key new features based on recent research about how students use and digest visual information. New modules in the first chapter emphasize how to use art effectively when studying; new Integrated Figure Questions increases the likelihood that students will spend time viewing the art and prompts them to consider what they have just learned; and new SmartArt Videos, accessible via QR code in the book, help students navigate key, complex pieces of art on some of the toughest topics.
New Interactive Physiology 2.0 tutorials, SmartArt Video Activities, and a mobile-friendly eText expand the options for students to use MasteringTM A&P as an effective practice and learning tool.
Also available with Mastering A&P
MasteringTM A&P is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to engage students and improve results. Instructors ensure that students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class, and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources such as Learning CatalyticsTM. Students can further master concepts after class through assignments that provide hints and answer-specific feedback. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
Students, if interested in purchasing this title with Mastering A&P, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
· NEW! A new emphasis on using art more effectively informs multiple changes to layout and figure organization, as well as a new system of integrated figure prompts and questions, helping ensure that students view and navigate the art more efficiently and effectively to enhance learning.
· NEW! Modules 1.1 – 1.5 introduce students to the importance of studying the art in the book and then guides them through how to study the figures in the text.
· NEW! Integrated Figure Questions encourage students to answer thought-provoking questions as part of viewing the figure and increases the likelihood that students will spend time viewing the art.
· NEW! Everyday Physiology features are sprinkled throughout the text to help students see connections to real-life applications.
A hallmark approach, organization, and presentation
· The Visual Approach breaks out of the narrative-first model of other two-semester A&P books. Instead of long columns of text that refer to visuals, this book integrates visuals with the text. Students can’t read without seeing the corresponding visual, and they can’t look at a visual without reading. This book has true text-art integration, which encourages reading and enhances understanding.
· Clinical Modules throughout the book help students connect what they learn in class to the real world, with scenarios they may encounter in their future career.
· NEW Module Review and Module Integration questions. Module Review
questions appear adjacent to their relevant figures to encourage and prompt students to read the text and view the art together. Module Integration questions at the end of a module encourage the student to engage in higher order learning skills.
· Chapter-opening Learning Outcomes are based on the Learning Outcomes recommended by the HAPS organization and are repeated at the end of each two-page module to drive home the connection between the Learning Outcomes and the associated teaching points. Questions in the Test Bank and in Mastering will be tagged with the relevant Learning Outcomes to help instructors assess students against outcomes.[RA8]
· NEW! Learning Outcomes booklet
· Full-sentence module titles do more than introduce new topics–they state the core fact or concept that will be presented in the module. These module titles are directly correlated, by number, to the Learning Outcomes on the chapter-opening page and at the end of each module, thus making it easy for students to “see,” navigate through, and learn the chapter content.
Frequent study and practice includes:
· Chapter Integration sections ask students to aggregate what they have learned so far in the context of real-world situations. These scenarios are presented in a friendly, story format followed by critical thinking questions.
· End-of-Chapter study and practice material includes a narrative Study Outline and comprehensive Chapter Review Questions (labeling, matching, true/false, multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short answer) to help students learn and integrate the chapter content.
· Integrated Figure Review Questions and Section Reviews ask students to recall their understanding of facts and concepts.
· MasteringTM A&P prompts direct students to online resources to help them prepare for lab and review key chapter material on their own.
About the Book
· A new emphasis on using art more effectively informs multiple changes to layout and figure organization, as well as a new system of integrated figure prompts and questions, helping ensure that students view and navigate the art more efficiently and effectively to enhance learning.
· Modules 1.1 – 1.5 introduce students to the importance of studying the art in the book and then guides them through how to study the figures in the text.
· Everyday Physiology features are sprinkled throughout the text to help students see connections to real-life applications.
· Learning Outcomes Correlation booklet matches the Learning Outcomes in the textbook to the recommended HAPS Learning Outcomes. Instructors can use this reference tool to quickly see where a given topic is covered, and to what degree.
MasteringTM A&P is not included. Students, if Mastering A&P is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN and course ID. Mastering A&P should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson rep for more information.
â— Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules help instructors efficiently navigate a robust suite of content and high impact resources for the toughest topics. A curated selection of the most effective before-class assignments, in-class activities, and after-class assignments are provided for ease of use. Instructors can incorporate active learning into their course with the suggested activity ideas and clicker questions or Learning Catalytics questions.
â— SmartArt Videos help students better navigate key, complex pieces of art. Author Kevin Petti brings his expertise in anatomical art to narrate explanatory videos that walk students through select pieces from the book, providing additional context and detail. The videos can be accessed via QR codes in the book and offer accompanying assignments through Mastering A&P.
â— Mobile-ready Interactive Physiology 2.0 helps students advance beyond memorization to a genuine understanding of complex physiological processes. Full-color animations and videos demonstrate difficult concepts to reinforce the material. IP 2.0 features brand new graphics, quicker navigation, and more robust mobile-ready interactivities where students can explore, experiment, and predict. New IP 2.0 modules include: Resting Membrane Potential, Electrical Activity of the Heart, Cardiac Output, Factors Affecting Blood Pressure, Generation of an Action Potential, and Cardiac Cycle.
â— All of the assignments from Sarikas’ Visual Anatomy and Physiology Lab Manual, 2nd Edition are now included as part of Visual Anatomy & Physiology Mastering course. Students and instructors only need one Mastering A&P code to access assignments from both the book and lab manual.
â— Dynamic Study Modules help students study effectively on their own by continuously assessing their activity and performance in real time. Students complete a set of questions with a unique answer format that repeats until the student can answer them all correctly and confidently. Once completed, these are available as graded assignments prior to class, and accessible on smartphones, tablets, and computers. New for the 3rd Edition, instructors can now select which questions to assign to students.
â— A redesigned Mastering A&P Study Area features new, mobile-friendly navigation and offers students additional practice test questions, reading quiz questions, flashcards, Get Ready for A&
1. An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. Chemical Level of Organization
3. Cellular Level of Organization
4. Tissue Level of Organization
5. The Integumentary System
6. Bones and Bone Structure
7. The Skeleton
9. Skeletal Muscle Tissue
10. The Muscular System
11. Nervous Tissue
12. The Spinal Cord, Spinal Nerves, and Spinal Reflexes
13. The Brain, Cranial Nerves, and Sensory and Motor Pathways
14. The Autonomic Nervous System
15. The Special Senses
16. The Endocrine System
18. The Heart and Cardiovascular Function
19. Blood Vessels and Circulation
20. The Lymphatic System and Immunity
21. The Respiratory System
22. The Digestive System
23. Metabolism, Nutrition, and Energetics
24. The Urinary System
25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
26. The Reproductive System
27. Development and Inheritance