For courses in Finite Element Analysis, offered in departments of Mechanical or Civil and Environmental Engineering.
While many good textbooks cover the theory of finite element modeling, Finite Element Analysis: Theory and Application with ANSYS is the only text available that incorporates ANSYS as an integral part of its content. Moaveni presents the theory of finite element analysis, explores its application as a design/modeling tool, and explains in detail how to use ANSYS intelligently and effectively.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It will help:
- Present the Theory of Finite Element Analysis: The presentation of theoretical aspects of finite element analysis is carefully designed not to overwhelm students.
- Explain How to Use ANSYS Effectively: ANSYS is incorporated as an integral part of the content throughout the book.
- Explore How to Use FEA as a Design/Modeling Tool: Open-ended design problems help students apply concepts.
Present the Theory of Finite Element Analysis
- Careful, balanced presentation of theory offers insight into the theoretical aspects of finite element analysis, without overwhelming students with theory. Enough theoretical background is offered to allow individuals to use ANSYS intelligently and effectively.
- Mechanical and thermophysical properties of some common materials used in engineering are covered in the appendices.
- A brief review of fundamental principles in solid mechanics, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics is included.
Explain How to Use ANSYS Effectively
- ANSYS is incorporated as an integral part of the content throughout the book.
- Each chapter first discusses the relevant basic theory and then demonstrates it using simple problems with hand-calculations.
- After each demonstration, examples that are solved using ANSYS are included.
- Discussions of various sources of error that can contribute to wrong results:
- At the end of select chapters, a section is devoted to verifying ANSYS results.
- Emphasis is placed on how to find suitable ways to verify Finite Element Analysis (FEA) findings.
Explore How to Use FEA as a Design/Modeling Tool
- Open-ended design problems help students apply concepts.
- A list of objectives and a summary for each chapter help students review the material presented.
- Excel is used in solving simple finite element problems.