|Business Statistics: A Decision Making Approach, Global Edition||9781292446288
Business Statistics: A Decision Making Approach, Global Edition
Business Statistics: A Decision Making Approach provides students with an introduction to business statistics and to the analysis skills and techniques needed to make successful real-world business decisions.
Written for students of all mathematical skill levels, the authors present concepts in a systematic and ordered way, drawing from their own experience as educators and consultants. Rooted in the theme that data are the starting point, Business Statistics champions the need to use and understand different types of data and data sources to be effective decision makers.
This new edition integrates Microsoft Excel throughout as a way to work with statistical concepts and give students a resource that can be used in both their academic and professional careers.
· Textual Examples include many new business examples throughout the text provide step-by-step details, enabling students to follow solution techniques easily. These examples are provided in addition to the vast array of business applications to give students a real-world, competitive edge.
· More Excel 2016 Focus: This edition features Excel 2016 with screen captures used extensively throughout the text to illustrate how this highly regarded software is used as an aid to statistical analysis.
· Excel 2016 features are highlighted throughout the text, including Statistic Chart, which enables the quick construction of histograms, and box and whisker plots. Forecasting Sheet, a new data feature in Excel, allows for time series forecasting and is applied throughout this edition's forecasting chapter.
· Business Applications have been included to provide students with current examples showing how the statistical techniques introduced in the text are used by real companies. The new applications involve companies, products, and decision-making scenarios that are familiar to and help students understand the relevance of statistics.
· A Business Analytics chapter introduces students to basic business intelligence and business analytics concepts and tools. Students discover how to use Microsoft's Power BI tool to analyze large data sets. Coverage includes loading data files into Power BI, establishing links between large data files, creating new variables and measures, and creating dashboards and reports using the Power BI tool.
· Exercises and Data Files have been included throughout the text, and other exercises have been revised and updated. Many new data files have been added to correspond to the new Computer Software Exercises, and other data files have been updated with current data.
· Improved Notation: The notation associated with population and sample proportions has been revised and improved to be consistent with the general approach taken by most faculty who teach the course.
· Test Manual has been prepared with questions that correspond directly to this new edition.
MyLabTM Statistics not included. Students, if MyLab is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN and course ID. MyLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Empower any student to apply and interpret Statistics procedures, getting to statistical understanding faster
· Learning CatalyticsTM helps you generate class discussion, customize your lecture, and promote peer-to-peer learning with real-time analytics. As a student response tool, Learning Catalytics uses students’ smartphones, tablets, or laptops to engage them in more interactive tasks and thinking.
o Help your students develop critical thinking skills.
o Monitor responses to find out where your students are struggling.
o Rely on real-time data to adjust your teaching strategy.
o Automatically group students for discussion, teamwork, and peer-to-peer learning.
o Upload a full PowerPoint® deck for easy creation of slide questions.
o Team names are no longer case sensitive.
Support students as they learn to use statistical software, to save valuable class time and prepare them for their future careers--whatever they may be
· Tech-Specific Video Tutorials are short, topical videos that address how to use varying tech