|MATLAB for Control Engineers||
MATLAB for Control Engineers
|125.30||approx. 7-9 days|
For senior-level courses in Control Theory, offered by departments of Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering.
Notable author Katsuhiko Ogata presents the only book available to discuss, in sufficient detail, the details of MATLAB® materials needed to solve many analysis and design problems associated with control systems.
In this new text, Ogata complements a large number of examples with in-depth explanations, encouraging complete understanding of the MATLAB approach to solving problems. The book's flexible presentation makes it ideal for use as a stand-alone text for those wishing to expand their knowledge of MATLAB; it can also be used in conjunction with a wide range of currently available control textbooks
• Applications emphasis - Encourages students to apply the MATLAB techniques to many analysis and design problems of his/her own.
• Streamlined, focused presentation - Distills the large volume of MATLAB information available to focus on those materials needed to study analysis and design problems of deterministic, continuous-time control systems.
• Conventional control systems - Offers basic MATLAB approaches to analysis and design problems associated with systems such as transient response, root locus, frequency response analyses and designs in chapters 3, 4, and 5.
• State space formulation - Examines analysis and design problems associated with state space formulation of control systems in Chapter 6.
• Optimization problems - Presents useful MATLAB approaches to solve optimization problems associated with control
systems in Chapter 7.
Chapter 1 Introduction to MATLAB
1-2 Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division with MATLAB
1-3 Computing Matrix Functions
1-4 Plotting Response
1-5 Three-Dimensional Plots
1-6 Drawing Geometrical Figures with MATLAB
Chapter 2 Preliminary Study of MATLAB Analysis of Dynamics Systems
2-1 Partial-Fraction Expansion with MATLAB
2-2 Transformation of Mathematical Models of Dynamics Systems
2-3 MATLAB Representation of Systems in Block Diagram Form
Chapter 3 Transient Response Analysis
3-2 Step Response
3-3 Impulse Response
3-4 Ramp Response
3-5 Response to Arbitrary Input
3-6 Response to Arbitrary Initial Condition
Chapter 4 Root-Locus Analysis
4-2 Root-Locus Plots with polar Grids
4-3 Finding the Gain Value K at an Arbitrary Point on the Root Loci
4-4 Root-Locus Plots of No minimum-Phase Systems
4-5 Root-Locus Plots of Conditionally Stable Systems
4-6 Root-Loci for Systems with Transport Lag
4-7 Root-Locus Approach to Control Systems Compensation
Chapter 5 Frequency Response Analysis
5-1 Plotting Bode Diagrams with MATLAB
5-2 Plotting Nyquist Diagrams with MATLAB
5-3 Log-Magnitude versus Phase Plots
5-4 Phase Margin and Gain Margin
5-5 Frequency Response Approach to Control Systems
Chapter 6 MATLAB Approach to State-Space Design of Control Systems
6-2 Controllability and Observability
6-3 Pole Placement
6-4 Solving Pole Placement Problems with MATLAB
6-5 Design of State Observers with MATLAB
6-6 Minimum-Order Observers
6-7 Observer Controllers
Chapter 7 Some Optimization Problems Solved with MATLAB
7-1 Computational Approach to Obtain Optimal Sets of Parameter Values
7-2 Solving Quadratic Optimal Control Problems with MATLAB
MATLAB® FOR CONTROL ENGINEERS
Written by a world-renowned expert in MATLAB, this senior-level book is appropriate for use in conjunction with a diversity of controls books. It can also be used as a stand-alone text for those wishing to expand their knowledge of MATLAB. It has been designed to give the reader a full understanding of the applications of MATLAB in solving control engineering problems.
All example problems have detailed explanations in order to provide an understanding of the MATLAB approach to solving the analysis and design problems presented in this book.