Appropriate for a one semester/two-quarter senior-level course in digital or discrete-time controls.
This revision of the best-selling text in digital controls is a significant update with the integration of MATLAB software and new coverage in several areas.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students.
- Provide MATLAB programs to students: Short MATLAB programs have been included in many of the examples, which allow students to experiment and learn more skills.
- Motivate students with running applications that are featured throughout the book: Simple physical systems are introduced in one chapter and then used again later to illuminate more advanced material.
- Reinforce core concepts with examples and problems: Over 400 problems and 130 worked examples help students grasp the text’s concepts.
Provide MATLAB programs to students
- The text integrates key MATLAB concepts throughout the book.
- Numerous MATLAB examples and problems help students practice.
Motivate students with running applications that are featured throughout the book
- Simple physical systems are introduced in chapter one and then seamlessly woven through the text to help illustrate advanced material.
- Applications include: control of a satellite, antenna tracking and pointing systems, robotic control system, and a temperature control system.
Reinforce core concepts with examples and problems
- Over 400 problems and 130 worked examples give students plenty of opportunities to practice and retain information.
- Care has been taken to provide in-depth coverage of the root-lotus design method.
- Students increase their ability to learn by the text’s Verification of Results. Verification of work is generally modeled in most examples and used to train students in what will be an important requirement as a practicing engineer.
- Dynamic descriptions of the Mason’s grain formula engage students.
- Review of the Fourier Transform aids in the student understanding the effects of sampling a signal.