|Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems: Pearson New International Edition||
Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems: Pearson New International Edition
|91.80||approx. 7-9 days|
For courses in Motor Controls, Electric Machines, Power Electronics, and Electric Power.
This best-selling text employs a theoretical, practical, multidisciplinary approach to provide introductory students with a broad understanding of modern electric power. The scope of the book reflects the rapid changes that have occurred in power technology over the past few years–allowing the entrance of power electronics into every facet of industrial drives, and expanding the field to open more career opportunities.
NEW–Doubly-fed induction machine properties and behavior—For use as a wind turbine generator to produce electricity.
NEW–Pulse-width modulation (PWM) modifications.
NEW—Direct Torque Control (DTC) coverage.
NEW–Wind power and the use of turbines.
NEW—The HVDC Light™ method of transmitting electric power.
Part I: FUNDAMENTALS.
2. Fundamentals of Electricity, Magnetism and Circuits.
3. Fundamentals of Mechanics and Heat.
Part II: ELECTRICAL MACHINES AND TRANSFORMERS.
4. Direct-Current Generators.
5. Direct-Current Motors.
6. Efficiency and Heating of Electrical Machines.
7. Active, Reactive, and Apparent Power.
8. Three-Phase Circuits.
9. The Ideal Transformer.
10. Practical Transformers.
11. Special Transformers.
12. Three-Phase Transformers.
13. Three-Phase Induction Motors.
14. Selection and Application of Three-Phase Induction Machines.
15. Equivalent Circuit of the Induction Motor.
16. Synchronous Generators.
17. Synchronous Motors.
18. Single-Phase Motors.
19. Stepper Motors.
Part III: ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC DRIVES.
20. Basics of Industrial Motor Control.
21. Fundamental Elements of Power Electronics.
22. Electronic Control of Direct-Current Motors.
23. Electronic Control of Alternating Current Motors.
Part IV: ELECTRIC UTILITY POWER SYSTEMS.
24. Generation of Electrical Energy.
25. Transmission of Electrical Energy.
26. Distribution of Electrical Energy.
27. The Cost of Electricity.
28. Direct-Current Transmission.
29. Transmission and Distribution Solid-State Controllers.
Appendix A: Conversion Charts.
Appendix B: Properties of Insulating Materials.
Appendix C: Properties of Conductors and Insulators.
Appendix D: Properties of Round Copper Conductors.
Answers to Problems.
Answers to Industrial Application Problems.