|Portfolios for Technical and Professional Communicators||
Portfolios for Technical and Professional Communicators
|83.70||approx. 7-9 days|
For upper-level courses in Technical Communication and Professional Writing.
Portfolios for Technical and Professional Communicators is a short, practical guide that discusses how to create professional paper and electronic portfolios. Designed for technical communication and professional writing students, it covers the portfolio-building process and reinforces text concepts using guidelines, exercises, assignments and student examples. It covers design and content issues important to technical and professional communicators, and integrates examples specific to the profession. Unique chapters offer coverage of portfolios and legal issues, portfolios and the job search, and how to use portfolios in interviews and on the job.
1. What is a Portfolio?
2. Creating a Portfolio Identity and Audience
3. Portfolios and Legal Issues
4. Portfolio Contents, Design and Structure
5. The Electronic Portfolio
6. Revising for Portfolio Quality
7. Getting Feedback: Responding and Revising Portfolios
8. Portfolios and the Job Search: Getting Prepared
9. Using Portfolios in Interviews and on the Job: The Role of the Portfolio in the Changing Workplace
10. Conclusion: Portfolios as Evolving Documents