|Foundations of Lodging Management||
Foundations of Lodging Management
For junior college or undergraduate courses in hotel management, lodging operations, and hospitality.
Written in an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand style, Foundations of Lodging Management, explores how the lodging industry and the hotels in the industry operate. With coverage of both small and large hotels, it addresses each department, including the front office, sales and marketing, housekeeping, maintenance and more! This edition features more on green initiatives, expanded discussion of revenue optimisation, and an updated Front Office Simulation that helps students learn how to manage a hotel’s front office and better understand the complexity of the entire property.
Covers small hotels, not just larger ones.
Identifies and defines lodging language.
Includes All in a Day’s Work vignettes that are now numbered for easy identification.
Provides extensive Discussion Questions and Team Activities for each chapter.
New! Updated throughout including new information on:
New! Expanded author team–includes Allisha A. Miller, the co-author of Pearson Education's Front Office Management Simulation online training program.
New! Chapter 15: The Front Office Management Simulation–appears in this edition.
New! Lodging Goes Green feature–appears in this edition.
1. Introduction to the Lodging Industry
2. The Structure of the lodging Industry
3. Guest Service in the Lodging Industry
4. Managing Lodging Operations
5. Staffing the Lodging Operation
6. The Front Office Department
7. The Sales and Marketing Department
8. The Housekeeping Department
9. The Maintenance Department
10. Food and Beverage Operations: Limited Service Hotels
11. Food and Beverage Operations: Full-Service Hotels
12. The Accounting Department
13. Safety and Security
14. Careers in the Lodging Industry
15. The Front Office Management Simulation
I. Front Office Management Training Challenges
II. The Front Office Management Simulation (FOMS)
III. Revenue Management Lessons
IV. Reservation Management Lessons
V. Guest Stay Information Lessons
VI. Guest Departure and Payment
VII. Accounting and Financial Summaries
VIII. FOMS Completion