|Automotive Chassis Systems: Pearson New International Edition||
Automotive Chassis Systems: Pearson New International Edition
|99.10||approx. 7-9 days|
For courses in Automotive Steering, Suspension, and Brakes; Automotive Chassis Systems; and Undervehicle (Under-Car) Service Workshops.
Automotive Chassis System, 6e is organized around the ASE automobile test content area for Brakes (A5) and Suspension and Steering (A4). Featuring complete coverage of parts, operation, design, and troubleshooting techniques, it correlates material to task lists specified by ASE and NATEF and emphasizes a diagnostic approach throughout. Chapter features include Tech Tips, Diagnostic Stories, High-Performance Tips, Frequently Asked Questions and more.
ASE and NATEF Correlated—throughout the material.
Diagnostic Approach—satisfies the need for problem diagnosis.
Internet Testing Component—includes access to an ASE test preparation website.
Accompanying worktext—helps students apply the material to typical service and testing procedures.
Chapter features that increase understanding—such as:
The sixth edition of Automotive Chassis Systems was updated and expanded due to meet the following needs:
1. To meet the latest NATEF tasks requirements for MLR, AST and MAST
2. To improve the readability of the text to improve student learning
3. To improve teaching of these complex topics
To meet these requirements, the author has included the following changes to the new edition:
1. All content is correlated to 100% of the NATEF tasks for the Automotive Brake Systems (A5) content area for MLR, AST and MAST.
2. Full Color throughout to help bring the subject alive and make learning easier.
3. Content updated throughout.
4. New content includes:
5. Over 80 new color photographs and line drawings help students understand the content material and bring the subject alive.
6. Each technical topic is discussed in one place or chapter. Unlike other textbooks, this book is written so that the theory, construction, diagnosis, and service of a particular component or system is presented in one location. There is no need to search through the entire book for other references to the same topic.
Chapter 1 Service Information, Tools, and Safety
Chapter 2 Environmental and Hazardous Materials
Chapter 3 Braking System Components and Performance Standards
Chapter 4 Braking System Principles
Chapter 5 Brake Hydraulic Systems
Chapter 6 Hydraulic Valves and Switches
Chapter 7 Brake Fluid and Lines
Chapter 8 Brake Bleeding
Chapter 9 Wheel Bearings and Service
Chapter 10 Drum Brakes
Chapter 11 Drum Brakes Diagnosis and Service
Chapter 12 Disc Brakes
Chapter 13 Disc Brakes Diagnosis and Service
Chapter 14 Parking Brake System
Chapter 15 Machining Brake Drums and Rotors
Chapter 16 Power Brake Systems
Chapter 17 Regenerative Braking Systems
Chapter 18 ABS Components and Operation
Chapter 19 ABS Diagnosis and Service
Chapter 20 Electronic Stability Control Systems
Chapter 21 Tires and Wheels
Chapter 22 Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
Chapter 23 Tire and Wheel Service
Chapter 24 Suspension System Components and Operation
Chapter 25 Front Suspension and Service
Chapter 26 Rear Suspension and Service
Chapter 27 Electronic Suspension Systems
Chapter 28 Steering Columns and Gears
Chapter 29 Steering Linkage and Service
Chapter 30 Power-Assisted Steering Operation and Service
Chapter 31 Drive Axle Shafts and CV Joints
Chapter 32 Drive Axle Shafts and CV Joint Service
Chapter 33 Wheel Alignment Principles
Chapter 34 Alignment Diagnosis and Service