A comprehensive revision guide from the bestselling law revision series.
Family Law, 9th edition, aims to prepare students to face exams equipped with the key skills and knowledge they need to excel. Part of the acclaimed law revision series Law Express, this text uses relevant case studies and learning features to consolidate student understanding.
Hallmark features of this title
Students benefit from a range of features this text has to offer, including:
- State of the art revision aids such as topic maps, key cases and statutes and checklists.
- Develop confidence in approaching exams through exam advice and tips, sample questions with answer guidance, and 'test your understanding' quizzes.
- Practical exercises such as 'You be the Marker' and 'Impress your examiner' give students the edge and boost grades.
- Valuable insight from law lecturers and examiners on avoiding common pitfalls students should be aware of.
New to this Edition
New and updated features of this edition
- New podcasts offer more problem scenario and essay questions and answers to listen to.
- Revised content fits with modern diverse and inclusive law modules.
Table of Contents
Table of cases and statutes
- Chapter 1: Marriage and civil partnership
- Chapter 2: Cohabitation
- Chapter 3: Domestic violence
- Chapter 4: Divorce and dissolution
- Chapter 5: Financial issues on divorce and dissolution
- Chapter 6: Who is a parent?
- Chapter 7: Resolving disputes over children's upbringing
- Chapter 8: Children's rights
- Chapter 9: Child protection
- Chapter 10: Adoption
Glossary of terms
Jonathan Herring is a Professor of Law at Exeter College, University of Oxford.