|Systems Analysis and Design, Global Edition||
Systems Analysis and Design, Global Edition
|109.30||approx. 7-9 days|
For undergraduate systems analysis and design courses.
A practical and modern approach to systems analysis and design
Kendall and Kendall’s Systems Analysis and Design, Global Edition, 10th Edition concisely presents the latest systems development methods, tools, and techniques to students in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner. The 10th Edition reflects the rapidly changing face of the IS field, with new and advanced features integrated throughout — including additional coverage of security and privacy issues, and innovative materials on new developments such as designing virtual reality and intelligent personal assistants.
Reflects rapid changes in the IS field over the past four years
· The 10th Edition contains extensive new material on topics such as responsive Web design, comparing and contrasting skeuomorphic design with flat design for websites, UX design work-sanctioned social media sites, text analytics software, and the relationship of building intelligence to data warehouses, big data, and data analytics.
· This book takes an innovative approach, covering important new developments in the field, including responsive design, DevOps, developing and using blockchains, listening to user stories, and designing virtual reality, augmented reality, and intelligent personal assistants.
· This edition contains additional and expanded material on a variety of topics relevant to students , including cloud computing, designing dashboards for decision makers using infographics, and using QR codes for improved data entry.
· New and expanded content on agile methods has been added, including content on Scrum, Scrum planning poker, the product backlog, sprint cycle, and burndown charts.
Tackles security and privacy concerns
· Reflecting recent news and concerns, this edition contains additional material on database security and risk tradeoffs in securing databases, and on designing improved cloud security, privacy, and stability, especially for business continuity and disaster recovery.
· Chapter 1 contains new coverage of the importance of security considerations right from the outset of a systems project.
Check out the preface for a complete list of features and what's new in this edition.
I. Systems Analysis Fundamentals
1. Systems, Roles, and Development Methodologies
2. Understanding and Modeling Organization Systems
3. Project Management
II. Information Requirements Analysis
4. Information Gathering: Interactive Methods
5. Information Gathering: Unobtrusive Methods
6. Agile Modeling, Prototyping, and Scrum
III. The Analysis Process
7. Using Data Flow Diagrams
8. Analyzing Systems Using Data Dictionaries
9. Process Specifications and Structured Decisions
10. Object-Oriented Systems Analysis and Design Using UML
IV. The Essentials of Design
11. Designing Effective Output
12. Designing Effective Input
13. Designing Databases
14. Human-Computer Interaction and UX Design
V. Quality Assurance and Implementation
15. Designing Accurate Data Entry Procedures16. Quality Assurance and Implementation