|Essentials of Essentials of Organizational Behaviour, Global Edition + MyLab Management with Pearson eText||9781292406633
Essentials of Essentials of Organizational Behaviour, Global Edition + MyLab Management with Pearson eText
For courses in organizational behavior.
A streamlined presentation of key organizational behavior concepts
Essentials of Organizational Behavior teaches students how to communicate and interact within organizations, through real-world scenarios. The text offers comprehensive coverage of key organizational behavior (OB) concepts, making each lesson engaging and easy to absorb. Students can use the book’s concepts to apply what they’ve learned to their own education, future career plans, and other organizational endeavors.
Currently used at more than 500 colleges and universities worldwide, Essentials of Organizational Behavior serves as a popular resource so students can learn and understand the most important concepts in OB. With updated research and the integration of contemporary global issues, the 14th Edition focuses on the most relevant OB concepts that resonate with students.
This package includes MyLabTM Management, an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
About the book
· Extensive reorganization of all chapters with new headings and subsections make navigating the print and digital versions of the text easier.
· Increased coverage of contemporary global issues was added into topic discussions.
· Increased content coverage includes updated research, relevant discussion, and new exhibits on the current organizational behavior landscape. Topics include Attitudes and Behavior, Employee Engagement, Emotional Intelligence, Person Perception: Making Judgments about Others, and more.
· More cross-references between chapters help link themes and concepts throughout the text, providing a deeper understanding of topics.
MyLabTM Management not included. Students, if MyLab is a recommended/mandatory component of the course, please ask your instructor for the correct ISBN and course ID. MyLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson rep for more information.
MyLab Management is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
· Personal Inventory Assessments is a collection of online exercises designed to promote self-reflection and engagement in students, enhancing their ability to connect with management concepts. Assessments are assignable by instructors who can then track students’ completions. Student results include a written explanation and graphic display that shows how their results compare to the class as a whole, and can be used to promote classroom discussion. New topics include Multicultural Awareness Scale, Intercultural Sensitivity Scale, Communication Styles, and Ethical Leadership Assessment.
·Writing Space. Better writers make great learners--who perform better in their courses. Designed to help you develop and assess concept mastery and critical thinking, the Writing Space offers a single place to create, track, and grade writing assignments, provide resources, and exchange meaningful, personalized feedback with students, quickly and easily. Thanks to assisted-graded and create-your-own assignments, you decide your level of involvement in evaluating students' work. Because of integration with Turnitin®, Writing Space can check students’ work for improper citation or plagiarism.
o Assisted Writing Questions. These are short essay questions for each chapter that the students can complete as an assignment and submit to you, the professor, through MyLab Management.
· Learning CatalyticsTM helps you generate class discussion, customize your lecture, and promote peer-to-peer learning with real-time analytics. As a student response tool, Learning Catalytics uses students’ smartphones, tablets, or laptops to engage them in more interactive tasks and thinking.
o Upload a full PowerPoint® deck for easy creation of slide questions
o Team names are no longer case sensitive
Part 1: An Introduction
1. Welcome to the World of OB
Part 2: Individual Differences
4. Personality Factors
5. Perceptual Processes
6. Valuing Diversity
7. Basic Motivation
8. Applied Motivation
Part 3: Groups in Organizations
10. Basics of Group Behavior
11. From Groups to Teams
12. Characteristics of Leaders
13. Power and Politics in Organizations
14. Conflict in Organizations
Part 4: Organizational Systems
15. Organization Structure and Design
16. Creating and Maintaining Organizational Culture
17. Organizational Change