|Management, Global Edition||
Management, Global Edition
With a renewed focus on job-relevant skills, the newest edition of this bestselling text helps management and non-management students alike better prepare to enter the workforce. Management, 15th Edition, Global Edition, vividly illustrates effective management theories by incorporating the perspectives of real-life managers. Through examples, cases, and hands-on exercises, students will see and experience management in action—helping them develop the specific skills that employers are looking for and understand how the concepts they’re learning about actually work in today’s dynamic business world.
New coverage and fresh examples address the latestmanagement tools, practices, and developments
· Research, discussion, and exhibits on current issues have been added, including a historyof globalization and a reassessment of both its positives and negatives; the“Me-Too” movement; the widespread impact of social media and how it’s reshapingmanagement practices; and how big data, analytics, and AI are changing themanager’s job.
· Examples illustratecurrent management practices and show students how the concepts they’re readingabout relate to real life.
Learner-focused features help students learn, link, andapply major concepts
· End-of-chapter Cases ask students to assess a situation and answer questionsabout how, why, and what they would do, helping them to apply management conceptsto the real world.
· A part-ending integrative Case helps students see how concepts can be applied in anorganization with which most are familiar (i.e., Starbucks) as well as see theintegrative nature of management.
Career-focused resources help students survive and thrivein the workplace
· An Employability Skills Matrix at the beginning of chapters 2-18 provides students witha visual guide to features that support the development of skills thatemployers are looking for in today’s business graduates.
· Emphasis is placed on the employability skills that future managers and successfulemployees will need, including critical-thinking, communication, collaboration,knowledge application, and ethics/social responsibility skills.
· Workplace Confidential boxes guide students on how to deal with challenges they’relikely to encounter at work, such as adjusting to a new job, job stress, anddealing with organizational politics.
· Learning from Failure boxes highlight important learning opportunities for studentsby featuring actual companies and individuals, including James Dyson, WellsFargo, Disney, IBM, Steve Jobs, etc., that have encountered setbacks, assessedwhat went wrong, gained new insight from their experience, and bounced back.
This title isavailable with Pearson Horizon, an easy-to-use, local-language digital platform thatdelivers a customizable, personalized learning experience — all while stayingrelevant to your area of the world. Pearson Horizon is available for selecttitles and in select geographies. For purchase options, please contact yourPearson representative.
· Deliver content digitally. Get all the benefits of our widely used content within aneasy-to-use, personalized digital platform with customizable features.
· Optimize and personalize learning. Engage students with a blended learningapproach merging digital content with complementary homework, tutorials, andassessments.
· Customize your course. Create a learning path with existing content, whiledeveloping original activities and uploading your own multimedia resources.
· Offer flexible study options. Give students instant access to mobile-friendly coursecontent, whether they’re online or offline.