The third edition of this successful introductory mathematics title, revised to reflect the declining mathematical ability amongst today's students.I t provides a clear and non-intimidating foundation in mathematics suitable for engineering, science, mathematics, business studies and economics students taking degree and diploma courses. The book has been written so that it can be used either as a self-teaching text or as a recommended book.
- Clearly structured organisation, with modules split into managable, bite-sized units of information.
- Each unit follows a standard format of Aims and Objectives - Test questions - Text - Worked Examples - Exercises.
- Test question introduce each unit, helping students pinpoint problem areas.
- A wealth of worked examples, self-test questions and exercises.
Table of Contents
- Handling Numbers.
- Sequences, Series and Limits.
- The Differential Calculus.
- The Integral Calculus.
- Sets and Probability.