|Technique of Orchestration, The: Pearson New International Edition||
Technique of Orchestration, The: Pearson New International Edition
|75.70||approx. 7-9 days|
As in the earlier editions, the emphasis is on the practical fundamentals of orchestration. The Sixth Edition has been expanded and revised to reflect new developments in instruments and orchestral practice, and a new listening compact disc has been added that contains selected examples of orchestration.
2. The Strings.
3. The String Orchestra.
4. Bowing and Special Effects.
5. The Woodwinds.
6. The Woodwind Section.
7. The Horn.
8. The Trumpet, Trombone, and Tuba.
9. The Brass Section.
10. Scoring Chords for Each Section and for Orchestra.
11. Problems in Transcribing Piano Music.
12. Scoring for Woodwinds, Horns, and Strings.
13. The Percussion: Instruments of Definite Pitch.
14. The Percussion: Instruments of Indefinite Pitch.
15. The Harp, Celesta, and Piano.
16. Scoring for Full Orchestra.
19. Scoring for High School Orchestra.
20. Writing Score and Parts.
Appendix A: List of Foreign Names for Instruments and Orchestral Terms.
Appendix B: Ranges of Instruments.
Appendix C: Electronic Instruments.
Appendix D: Vocal and Choral Ranges.