This text is part of The New Immigrants Series edited by Nancy Foner. This groundbreaking new series fills the gap in knowledge relating to today's immigrants, how these groups are attempting to redefine their cultures while here, and their contribution to a new and changing America.
1. Introducing Vietnamese Americans.
2. Historical Roots of the Vietnamese Refugee Exodus.
3. Seeking Freedom.
4. Resettlement and Employment: Overcoming Adversity.
5. Education: Aiming for Success.
6. Families in Transition.
7. Changing Images of Vietnamese Americans: 1995.