This workbook is a must for research writing. Starting with a quick review of grammar, the workbook proceeds into clear explanations of both APA and MLA styles with numerous examples and exercises.
- Chapter introductions are concise, clear and succinct explanations.
- In-chapter exercises are throughout each of the sections to reinforce the lessons presented.
- Referencing gives students a comprehensive look into the necessity of and reasons for citation. Complete with explanations, examples and exercises.
- Example manuscripts that are written in APA and MLA style are highlighted at the end of each section to provide students with a practical application of the format they have just learned.
- Answers and solutions are at the end of each section allowing the students to receive immediate feedback.
Table of Contents
AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA) STYLE. 1. Basic APA Formatting Rules. 2. Why Document. 3. Sections of the APA Manuscript. 4. Additional APA Formatting Rules.
MODERN LANGUAGE ASSOCIATION (MLA) FORMAT. 5. Why Document. 6. Works Cited.
GRAMMAR. 7. Apostrophes. 8. Contractions. 9. Capitalization. 10. Commas. 11. Semicolons and Colons. 12. Verbs.