|Organisational Behaviour and Analysis||
Organisational Behaviour and Analysis
|102.00||approx. 7-9 days|
A comprehensive introduction to Organisational Behaviour, steering a neutral path through the sociological, psychological and managerial approaches to the discipline. It balances coverage of the micro- (organisational behaviour) with the macro- (organisational analysis) level issues, with a cross-cultural theme running through the book.
It is written for students on undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in business, or business-related disciplines.
Among the most valuable features and aids to learning in the book are:
New to the fourth edition based on what our customers wanted:
· New integrative case studies at the end of parts 2, 3, 4 and 5
· Cross-national and cross-cultural issues dispersed across all chapters (rather than concentrated in one) e.g. different styles of leadership according to national culture in Leadership chapter
· More international and real-world case studies
· Increased emphasis on the practical applications of OB and OA
· Focus on key contemporary issues such as CSR, diversity and globalisation (ch.2)
Section 1: Introductory Concepts
Chapter 1: An Introduction to the Study of Organisations
Chapter 2: The Contexts of Contemporary Organisations
Section 2: Individual Characteristics
Chapter 3: Personality, Intelligence and Aptitude
Chapter 4: Perception
Chapter 5: Attitudes and Emotions
Integration 1: Integrating Individual Characteristics
Integrative Case Study No. 1
Section 3: The Intrapersonal Level (Individual Process
Organisational Behaviour and Analysis provides a comprehensive and engaging introduction to the subject. It steers a path through sociological, psychological and managerial approaches, making sense of a discipline that is enlivened by a multitude of perspectives and debates.
Ideal for students taking an introductory course in organisational behaviour on undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, or as part of a professional qualification, this 4th edition provides cutting edge content:
· integrative new integrative case studies to relate key themes across chapters
· emphasis on international and cross-cultural issues throughout the book
· enhanced focus on key themes such as corporate social responsibility and diversity
The book also contains valuable tools to help you succeed in your studies:
Derek Rollinson is a former Principal Lecturer at the Huddersfield University Business School, where he taught organisational behaviour. He is now an independent writer and researcher.
Derek Rollinson is a former Principal Lecturer at the Huddersfield University Business School.