|Patternmaking for Fashion Design: Pearson New International Edition||
Patternmaking for Fashion Design: Pearson New International Edition
|74.20||approx. 7-9 days|
For an undergraduate course in Patternmaking. Renowned for its comprehensive coverage, exceptional illustrations, and clear instructions, this #1 text offers detailed yet easy-to-understand explanations of the essence of patternmaking. Hinging on a recurring theme that all designs are based on one or more of the three major patternmaking and design principles–dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring–it provides students with all the relevant information necessary to create design patterns with accuracy regardless of their complexity.
~ Illustrates a procedure that guides the patternmaker in adjusting design patterns to offset stretch; integrated into chapters covering cowls and bias-cut dresses.
~ Provides a revised procedure for drafting the front and back bodice and the sleeve to reflect the measurements of the newer model forms.
New to this Edition!
In addition to the outstanding comprehensive patternmaking coverage, this fifth edition boasts the following new features:
1. The Workroom.
2. The Model Form and Measurements.
3. Drafting the Basic Pattern Set.
4. Dart Manipulation. (Principle #1)
5. Designing with Darts (Tuck-Darts, Pleats, Flare and Gathers)
7. Added Fullness (Principle #2).
8. Yokes, Flanges, Pin-Tucks, and Pleat Tucks.
9. Contouring (Principle #3).
11. Built-up Necklines.
13. Skirts/Circles and Cascades.
15. Kimono, Raglan, Drop Shoulder, Exaggerated Armholes.
16. Buttons, Buttonholes, and Facings.
17. Plackets and Pockets.
18. Dresses without Wasteline Seams (Based on Torso Foundation).
19. Strapless Foundations and Interconstruction.
20. Patternmaking for Bias-Cut Dresses.
22. Jackets and Coats.
23. Capes and Hoods.
24. Knock-Off-Copying Ready-Made Designs.
26. Knits—Stretch and Shrinkage Factors.
27. Actionwear for Dance and Exercise.
29. Introduction to Childrenswear.
30. Drafting the Basic Pattern Set: Measurement Taking, Standard Measurement Charts.
31. Collars, Sleeves, and Skirts.
32. Dresses and Jumpers.
34. Pants and Jumpsuits.
35. Bodysuits, Leotards, Mailott, and Swimwear.