Help your students master the 3 design principles of patternmaking and develop their technique Patternmaking for Fashion Design, 5th edition, international edition, is the practical guide to patternmaking design that uses clear instructions and illustrations to enable your students to create accurate design patterns regardless of their complexity.
Hallmark features of this title
A comprehensive yet clear approach
- A practical introduction considers the workroom, the model form, measuring techniques, and how to draft the basic pattern set.
- Complete coverage of the three steps of design patterns: dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring.
A range of tools to support your students' learning
- Advanced design projects
- Chapter projects
- Cutting-edge sketches and designs
Teaches your students how to work with a variety of body types and styles
- A revised procedure for drafting reflects the measurements of the newer model forms.
- A section on Bias-cut dresses emphasises dresses that cling to the figure, as influenced by Madeline Vionnet.
- An illustrated procedure guides the patternmaker in adjusting design patterns to offset stretch.
New to this Edition
New and updated features to this edition
In addition to this renowned text, the fifth edition boasts the following new and updated features:
Updated exercises and learning features
- Added tools and up-to-date advances, such as those in CAD- E Simulation (Chapter 1)
- Self-evaluation tests for the majority of chapters enhance your students' learning experience
- Improved challenging design problems test your students' understanding (Chapters 6, 7, 8, 10)
- Design projects help your students to develop their skills (Chapter 11)
Helpful tools included in the text
- Fit problems and corrections help students adapt to challenges they may encounter (Chapter 25)
- Comparisons of human variations and examples of how to take and record personal measurement prepare them to design for real people, not just models (Chapter 2)
- Revised drafting instructions and standard measurement charts.
New and expanded sections
- Updated placket coverage and banding with sewing instructions (Chapters 14, 21)
- Expanded section on menswear (Chapter 22)
- Instructions for Ribbing added to the knit section (Chapter 27)
- More materials on children's wear and swimwear.
Table of Contents