The Canon EOS 7D Mark II—a major update to the very popular 7D from 2009—is a powerful camera intended for everyone from beginners to advanced amateurs to professionals alike. With boosts in technology that significantly improve autofocus, video, and frame rate (the camera can shoot an astounding 10 frames per second!), the 7D Mark II is poised to be a big hit this fall.
This book, in the popular From Snapshots to Great Shots series, is for anyone who upgrades from a point-and-shoot or for anyone who wants to jump into photography with the control and capabilities of a powerful DSLR. There's the manual, of course, as well as competing books, and while they all explain, often in 400+ pages, what the camera can do, none of them shows exactly how to use the camera to create great images!
This book has one goal: to teach Canon EOS 7D Mark II owners how to make great shots using their camera. Everything in the book is in service of creating a great image. Starting with the top ten things needed to know about the camera, photographer Jeff Revell then carefully guides readers through the modes of the camera. Users get practical advice from a pro on which settings to use when, great shooting tips, and even end-of-chapter assignments.
The Canon EOS 7D Mark II will be available at the end of November 2014. Features include: 20.2 MP sensor; 10 frames per second continuous shooting; wireless flash control; 1080p HD video recording; 65-point autofocus; and more.
1. The Canon EOS 7D Mark II Top Ten List: Ten Tips to Make Your Shooting More Productive Right Out of the Box
2. First Things First: A Few Things to Know and Do Before You Begin Taking Pictures
3. The Auto Modes: Getting Started with the Scene/Special Effects Modes
4. The Creative Modes: Taking Your Photography to the Next Level
5. Moving Target: How to Shoot When Your Subject Is in Motion
6. Say Cheese: Settings and Features to Make Great Portraits
7. Landscape Photography: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Taking Beautiful Landscape Photographs
8. Mood Lighting: Shooting When the Lights Get Low
9. Creative Compositions: Better Photography Starts with Better Composition
10. Lights, Camera, Action: Getting the Most Out of the 7D Mark II’s Video Capabilities
11. Advanced Techniques: Impress Your Family and Friends
Jeff Revell has been shooting professionally for more than 25 years, and has a wide range of expertise in everything from landscape photography to travel and urban photography. As an early adopter of digital technology, he has been on the leading edge of digital imaging technology, education and instruction. Perhaps best known as the photographer behind the popular “PhotoWalk Pro” blog, each weekday Jeff shares step-by-step tutorials on digital photography technique and editing of digital images. The worldwide appeal of Jeff's site, along with his live PhotoWalks have made him one of the most sought after and trusted sources for digital photography training and education. Jeff lives in the Washington, DC, area. Find him online at http://www.revellphotography.com/blog.