In-depth and comprehensive, this official RESOURCE KIT delivers the information you need to administer Windows 7 in the enterprise. You get authoritative technical guidance from those who know the technology best—Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) and the Windows 7 Team—along with hundreds of scripts and other essential resources on CD.
Get expert guidance on how to:
- Apply best practices for using Microsoft Deployment Toolk
- Plan user-state migration; test application compatibility; manage update Manage Group Policy Objects using Windows PowerShell
- Administer Windows Firewall and Windows BitLocker
- Implement Ipsec, IPv6, wireless, and VPN connectivity
- Install and configure printers, devices, and services
- Manage disks, file systems, storage, and data security
- Administer search and indexing with Group Policy
- Diagnose and resolve startup, hardware, and networking issue
- Nearly 200 Windows PowerShell scripts created specifically for this book—customize to administer your environment
- Windows 7 Resource Kit PowerShell Pack—700 cmdlets and functions to extend Windows in-box functionality
- Links to author Web sites
- Sample chapters from Microsoft Press books
- Fully searchable eBook For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Jerry Honeycutt, MVP for Windows, is a popular author with more than 25 books to his credit, including Microsoft Windows Desktop Deployment Resource Kit. In addition, he is a columnist for Windows XP Expert Zone and Microsoft TechNet.