|Object-Oriented Modeling and Design with UML||
Object-Oriented Modeling and Design with UML
|142.60||approx. 7-9 days|
This revision offers a crisp, clear explanation of the basics of object-oriented thinking via UML models, then presents a process for applying these principles to software development, including C++, Java, and relational databases. An integrated case study threads throughout the book, illustrating key ideas as well as their application.
• Extensive exercises with solutions - Provide students with numerous opportunities for reinforcement of concepts.
• Instructor's on-line solutions manual - Features over 200 pages of answers to the many exercises in the text.• Respected, experienced authors - Dr. Michael Blaha and Dr. James Rumbaugh are inventors of the Object Modeling Technique (OMT), one of the most widely used design methods and the basis for UML.
• Compliant with Unified Modeling Language 2 - Includes new use cases, activity models, and sequence diagrams, all UML2-compliant.
• Substantially updated content - Provides students with training in the latest theories and techniques, while emulating the accessible style of the successful first edition.
• More robust process - Adds iterative development, implementation modeling, and reverse engineering to give students a strong foundation in practicality and problem solving.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Modeling as a Design Technique
Chapter 3 Class Modeling
Chapter 4 Advanced Class Modeling
Chapter 5 State Modeling
Chapter 6 Advanced State Modeling
Chapter 7 Interaction Modeling
Chapter 8 Advanced Interaction Modeling
Chapter 9 Concepts Summary
Chapter 10 Process Overview
Chapter 11 System Conception
Chapter 12 Domain Analysis
Chapter 13 Application Analysis
Chapter 14 System Design
Chapter 15 Class Design
Chapter 16 Process Summary
Chapter 17 Implementation Modeling
Chapter 18 OO Languages
Chapter 19 Databases
Chapter 20 Programming Style
Chapter 21 Iterative Development
Chapter 22 Managing Models
Chapter 23 Legacy Systems
Appendix A: UML Graphical Notation
Appendix B: Glossary
Answers to Selected Exercises
In a sense, Jim Rumbaugh and Mike Blaha are two of the "founding fathers" of UML. They invented UML, the basis for UML, along with Booch notation. Their first edition was crucial to the development and adoption of Object-Oriented methods when they were in their infancy. Blaha is a worldwide consultant and is a partner with Modelsoft Consulting, and SentientPoint Corporation. He is active in the IEEE Computer Society. Rumbaugh is a Distinguished Engineer with the Rational brand of IBM and is one of the original co-designers of UML. He is a highly influential author.