|Your Next Role||
Your Next Role
Your Next Role is for the mass market of middle management in corporations, and any other level of executive, who feels stuck on their particular rung of the promotional ladder – and who need to find some answers and a fresh edge to get ahead. It's for people who want to keep climbing the corporate ladder, but find that while they may have successfully navigated their way to their existing management position, they are now floundering as to how to work out the people and politics necessary to keep their career on an upward trajectory.
About the Author
Chapter 1 - Commit
1. Get ready to do the work
2. Consider why you are not already promoted
3. How not to get promoted: Top 10 mistakes
4. Commit to a new beginning
Chapter 2 - Your Promotion Formula
1. Get-Promoted Framework
2. Case examples: application of the framework
3. Apply the framework to your current situation
Chapter 3 - Purpose: Why Do You Want the Promotion?
1. Set out a vision for your career
2. Promotion is about a path to leadership
3. Your key task: develop your career game plan
Chapter 4: emPower Yourself: Take Charge of Your Career
1. Take back control
2. Create, don’t wait
3. Your key task: make list of empowering strategies
Chapter 5 - Personal Impact: Be Confident about Your Ability to Step Up
1. Appreciate your experience
2. Tame your inner critic
3. Your key task: develop your value proposition for promotion
Chapter 6 - Politics: Stack the Odds In Your Favour
1. Learn how to read the organisation
2. Build influence and leverage
3. Your key task: understand the politics of your promotion
Chapter 7 - People: Figure Out Who Makes the Decision
1. Identify the decision-makers and the influencers
2. Launch your campaign
3. Your key task: map your critical stakeholders
Chapter 8 - Performance: Deliver Great Results to Get Attention
1. Establish an impressive platform of results
2. Identify the next big wave
3. Your key task: shape your new ideas
Chapter 9 - Pro-Activity: Put Yourself Forward for the Role
1. When and how to ask for promotion
2. Prepare your pitch
3. Your key task: write up your role vision and anticipated priorities
Chapter 10: Close the Deal
1. Execute your get-promoted plan
2. Be ready to negotiate: a promotion without a pay rise is not a promotion
3. The risks and benefits of leaving to join a new company
4. You got the promotion... now what?! The importance of your first 100 days
‘Insightful and inspiring advice on how to make an impact, manage the politics of your promotion and help you to advance in your career.’
Jan Zijderveld, President of Europe, Unilever
‘This streetwise game-plan reveals how to progress in the workplace and will unlock your leadership ambition’
Richard Lombard, Head of HR, Americas, Vodafone
Use this proven formula to fast-track your career and take it to the next level.
Are you ambitious for a fast track promotion? Do you feel stuck in a rut, not promoted for three or more years and see former peers leaping ahead? Perhaps you feel like you’re doing all the hard work but getting none of the reward?
Getting promoted is not a game of luck or being in the right place at the right time. What you need is a rigorous, tried and tested plan that has been proven to work again and again.
Written by a leadership consultant who specialises in devising strategies to achieve promotions for her clients, Your Next Role features successful case examples and will arm you with all the key insights you need to know.
Follow the clear 7-point plan and you will be on your way to breaking free and securing a much sought-after promotion.
With a career track record of 23 years, Niamh O’Keeffe is an experienced leadership advisor, business consultancy owner, and a twice-published author with FT Publishing. Niamh’s skill is to be able to take an average executive and propel him or her to next level success. She has impressive experience on how to break free of middle management and get that senior leadership promotion.