|Big Data Demystified||
Big Data Demystified
“This is the book we’ve been missing: big data explained without the complexity.” Marc Salomon, Professor in Decision Sciences and Dean at University of Amsterdam Business School
"I have never come across a book that is so full of practical advice, actionable examples and helpful explanations"
Tobias Wann CEO at @Leisure Group
Big Data is a big topic, based on simple principles. Guided by leading expert in the field, David Stephenson, you will be amazed at how you can transform your company, and significantly improve KPIs across a broad range of business units and applications.
Find out how an ecommerce company avoided two million product returns per year, how a newspaper saw triple-digit annual growth in digital subscriptions, how researchers in England learned to better detect pending cardiovascular problems, and how AI programs taught themselves to win games using techniques that even their human programmers didn’t understand, all thanks to big data. Find out also how one company realized it could swap a million dollar hardware system with a twenty thousand dollar replacement.
With simple and straightforward chapters that allow you to map examples onto your own business, Big Data Demystified will help you:
· Know which data is most useful to collect now and why it’s important to start collecting that data as soon as possible.
· Understand big data and data science and how they can help you reach your business goals and gain competitive advantage.
· Use big data to understand where you are now and how you can improve in the future.
· Understand factors in choosing a big data system, including whether to go with cloud-based solutions.
· Construct your big data team in a way that supports an effective strategy and helps make your business more data-driven.
BIG DATA MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE
David Stephenson is an internationally recognized expert and frequent keynote speaker in the fields of Data Science and Big Data Analytics. He has formed and led global analytics programs within US and European companies (including eBay and Axel Springer) and has consultant on additional data projects for a broad range of companies.
He has also worked extensively in insurance, capital markets, and financial risk management and has served as an expert advisor to top-tier investment, private equity and management consulting firms.
David completed his Ph.D. at Cornell University and was subsequently Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, teaching applied analytics to graduate students in the engineering and Wharton business schools. He is currently based in Amsterdam.