This book provides a clear, concise, step-by-step procedure for implementing the planning, scheduling, and controlling of technical projects.
- focuses on concurrent engineering-in which a cross-functional team (the research engineer, product engineer, manufacturing engineer, and quality engineer) designs and develops manufacturing processes and facilities and quality assurance processes and facilities concurrently with the design of the product itself.
- explains how to structure technical projects, estimate product development time and cost, and control projects.
- computes the project schedule for a specified probability, as well as for the critical path schedule which is only 50% probable.
- includes sample functional specifications, detailed product specifications, project description, plan network, resource allocation, cost schedule, and report/proposal.
- presents two continuing case studies of projects-illustrating how the step-by-step procedure for implementing concurrent project management is carried out.
Table of Contents
1. Concurrent New Product Development
2. Concurrent Planning.
3. Concurrent Scheduling.
4. Concurrent Scheduling, Part II: Resource Allocation.
6. The Report/Proposal.
7. Multiple Projects.
8. Concurrent Control.
9. Case Studies.