The new Longman Basic English Dictionary offers all the information on the English language that young learners need to know. It contains thousands of simple examples based on the Longman Corpus Network, up-to-date coverage including new words relating to computers and the Internet, easy definitions and fun illustrations.
Younger learners will find this dictionary a simple and fun introduction to monolingual dictionaries.
- 12,000 words and phrases simple definitions and examples written using a defining vocabulary of just 1,600 words
- 16 full-colour topics pages and hundreds of fun illustrations to make learning new words easier and more enjoyable
- Mini picture dictionary in colour with pages on Sports, Transport, Clothes etc.
- Workbook exercises for vocabulary practice
- Usage notes based on common students' errors found in the Longman Learners' Corpus
Workbook introduction with exercises to practice using the dictionary