The student book includes ten topic-based modules, task analysis and assess and improve sections, an Expert Speaking section, plus other tools to support and nurture learning.
As an intensive course, Expert IELTS helps teachers support ambitious students preparing for IELTS
Expert IELTS is the newest addition to the Expert series and is for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). It is available in three levels reflecting IELTS bands:
- Band 5 (suitable for students from band 4)
- Band 6 (suitable for students from band 5)
- Band 7.5 (suitable for students from band 6)
- Ten topic-based modules, divided into test training and test practice, boost students’ confidence and help them get the band score they need quickly and efficiently.
- Task analysis and Assess and Improve sections help students identify what they have learnt and where they need to improve, engaging them in learning and motivating them as they progress.
- Expert Speaking section with two practice test videos and activities featuring real IELTS students helps students understand what to expect in the speaking test and how to be successful.
- Expert Writing with test tasks, model answers and key language provides essential preparation for the writing paper.
- Grammar reference gives students a more in depth look at the grammar covered.
- Test strategies provide students with guidance on how to tackle each test task type.
- All videos are available for download and are available in the ActiveTeach.
Table of Contents
- Work and study
- Art and leisure
- Natural world
- Around the world
- IELTS overview
- Test strategies
- Expert grammar
- Speaking assessment criteria
- Expert speaking
- Writing assessment criteria
- Expert writing
- Audio scripts