On Your Mark 1 features carefully controlled vocabulary introduced in pictures and categories, clear grammar presentations and practice, focused listening tasks, personalized conversations with clarification strategies, and basic reading and writing skills development. On Your Mark is the ideal course for true beginners.
On Your Mark 2 features carefully controlled vocabulary introduced in pictures and categories, clear grammar presentations and practice, focused listening tasks, personalized conversations with clarification strategies, and basic reading and writing skills development. On Your Mark is the ideal course for true beginners.
In Contact 1 is aimed at false or high beginners, In Contact 1 emphasizes vocabulary building and a balance of controlled and communicative grammar practice. Listening, speaking, reading, and writing strategy activities foster independent learning and prepare students for academic success.
- NEW?Explicit learning strategies?Help promote academic success.
- NEW?Extensive interactive grammar and speaking activities?Provide communicative practice and tap students personal knowledge and experience.
- NEW?Review materials every three units?Recycles and reinforces key vocabulary and grammar.
- NEW?Achievement tests?Allow students to assess their progress after each unit.
- NEW?New spiral-bound Teachers Editions?Interleave four-color student book pages with black and white teachers notes, abundant teaching ideas, optional expansion activities, tapescripts, and answer keys easy to use.
- NEW?Companion website?www.longman.com
- A fully integrated four-skills syllabus promotes well-rounded learning and academic preparation.
- Thematic units teach English through a variety of high-interest content.
- A student-centered approach encourages students to share their personal experiences, develop critical thinking skills, and use learning strategies.
- Prelistening, prereading and prewriting activities give students the focus and support they need to succeed with these language skills.
- Clear grammar presentations provide a balance of controlled and communicative practice.
With an emphasis on authentic readings, In Charge teaches English through academic content while integrating all four language skills.
- On Target 1 and 2 are the intermediate levels of the new edition of Scott Foresman English.
- Scott Foresman English, a theme-based, integrated skills program for secondary and adult students, is a unique and flexible series with multiple entry levels. The components can be used together as a comprehensive, eight-level course or individually as separate mini-courses.