Each of the New Signpost Maths Student Books provide a full year's work, complete with diagnostic tests, a useful dictionary and answers to all activities. Page spreads are visually attractive with a full-colour layout, with the aid of quirky cartoons to assist in the explanation of concepts. Students are encouraged to engage in concrete mathematics experiences as well as pencil and paper activities. Throughout New Signpost Maths there is emphasis on active hands-on learning, language development, problem-solving strategies and the use of calculators and computers. Units are sequenced in a suggested teaching plan, however the student book has a flexible structure, enabling you to create your own teaching schedule.
- Written to meet the requirements of the NSW, ACT and WA state curricula.
- A total of seven student books cover Kindergarten to Year 6, providing each year group with a full year's work.
- Page spreads are visually attractive with a full-colour layout, with the aid of quirky cartoons to assist in the explanation of concepts.
- Provides diagnostic tests for teachers to assess students' and class' understanding.
- Each student book has a useful dictionary, assisting students developing new mathematical language.
- Encourages students to engage in concrete mathematics experiences as well as hands on activities.
- Promotes active learning, helping students to pose, construct and solve problems.
- Incorporates calculator and computer work within learning.
- Supplies answers to all activities.